Monday, February 12, 2007

Happy Valentines Day!

Ok, so this post has nothing to do with the cupid-infested holiday, but it is this week, so there you go.



Last week was filled to the brim with Carter's birthday celebrations. Wednesday the 7th was his actual birthday. Being a school night, it was fairly low-key, with a birthday dinner and a few presents. Saturday was the big party. Lasertag! What more could an 8year old want, then a half hour of sanctioned target practice at one's own best friends?








And, with all that cake, and playing, and of course the sheer exhaustion of being 4... Ethan decided to take a little cat nap:



That's Bailey, guarding the sleeping bug.










And what have I been doing to keep busy? Besides working, birthday planning, and general domestic bliss, I have managed to squeeze a little carving in lately, too. My list of postal obligations seems to grow all on its own! Still, I decided this week to re-carve one of my personal travellers, "Ethan's Obsession". I carved the original back in July/Aug. (one of my first carvings) and while I was SOOoo proud of it at the time, I really wanted to use my growing skills. This is exciting for me, because since the images are almost identical, I can really see how much I've improved. Here they are!

No comments: